What We're Doing
Did You Know?
Newspapers can be reused as wrapping paper for gifts.Reload the page for a new fact!
Tentina Window Fashions is committed to making the world a better place to live by recycling and reducing waste. Here's an idea of what we're doing already:
- Our customer service call center is using terminals which use 80% less electricity than computers.
- Our commitment to going paperless with e-mailed invoices and statements.
- The Tentina Insight newsletter is sent via e-mail blasts instead of faxes or letters.
- Tentina has always recycled our scrap metal.
- We are currently working with Hunter Douglas on the EverWood® faux wood recycling program.
- Tentina has recently installed an energy efficient roof in our factory. This greatly reduces the amount of fossil fuels it takes to heat the factory.
- Throughout the office, we have installed energy efficient light switches which have motion sensors that turn off when a room is empty.
- Cindy Gray collects recycled bottles and cans and donates the money to the Make a Wish Foundation.
- Each Tentina employee is making a personal effort to recycle any e-waste* which is generated from our changing and upgraded technology.
What Hunter Douglas is Doing
Hunter Douglas has an agressive plan to minimize their impact on the environment by:
- Reducing their energy consumption by 15%.
- Reducing their water usage by 40%.
- Reducing their overall carbon footprint by 20%.
Hunter Douglas has already outlined a plan of changes to be implemented within their facility that will contribute to achieving the larger corporate carbon reduction goals.